The National Institute of Industrial Property (INAPI) is the only agency in Chile that provides protection under the industrial property system for inventions, which allows you to:
- Acknowledgment for your creativity and a reward for marketable inventions. These incentives encourage innovation, which allows a constant improvement of the quality of human life.
- As the owner of a patent, you have the right to decide who may or may not use the patented invention during the period in which it is protected
- It gives the possibility of licensing the invention to third parties to use it on mutually agreed terms.
- The right to sell the invention to a third party, which will become the new owner of the patent.
- Prevent competitors from copying or imitating the products or procedures protected by a patent.
- In addition, all patent holders in exchange for protection must publish information on their invention in order to enrich the total body of technical knowledge of the world.