On 8 April 2008, Mohammad Imad Eddin Waheeb Al Byriqdar, a UAE company, filed a trademark application for “UGUR & logo” under No. 215135in class 11, which was published in the Official Gazette No. 831 dated 6 December 2009, subject to opposition of a period of three (3) months.
We submitted an opposition against the said mark on behalf of our client “UGUR SOGUTMA MAKINALARI TEKSTIL SERIGRAFI BASKI MADEN VE MERMER SANAYI VE TICARET ANONIM SIRKETI” based on the following:
- Our client is a worldwide active business in exporting this well-known brand.
- They have used this trademark intensively in Turkey and abroad and have a registration of this trademark in their home country since 1998.
- Our client’s trademark “UGUR” is registered through WIPO as of 2001, designating Egypt.
- Additionally, our client has used his trademark in Egypt before the date of filing of the infringing trademark.
- The opposed mark is our client’s trade name and has identical similarity which could lead to a possible confusion between the two.
Based on the above, and after full prosecution, the Opposition Committee has issued its decision in favor of our client.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected].