SANA’A – Yemen issued a Ministerial Decree No. 20 for the year 2018 regarding changes to the registration procedures of trademarks on 18 March 2018.
The new regulations are:
- Any applications having an incomplete pending issue or a missing document for a consecutive 12 months calculated from the filing date will be considered abandoned;
- Applications with conditional acceptance, requiring amendments, or have a favourable decision of Appeal Committee, applicants should carry on with their part to finalise the registration of said applications within 12 months from the acceptance/letter date, otherwise, the application will be deemed abandoned;
- Applicants must pay the publication fees within 60 days from the acceptance letter date, otherwise, the application will be removed from the register;
- Applicants are allowed a period of 90 days from the end of the opposition period to make proper arrangements to receive notices of opposition, if any, from the Trademark Office, failing to do so will result in cancelling their applications, and
- In case of receiving an opposition by third party, applicants have 30 days to reply to the office action.