In globalisation age, today’s development and management of intangible assets have become a major priority to many organizations and businesses. Trademarks for many enterprises are fabulous stories of success and their most valuable assets.
As high technology proves to be a daily surprise basket of new products, Trademarks begin to carry an important weight as a distinguished aspect of the already established known brand.
We, at NJQ, are fully aware that trademarks are not just mere logos, distinguished colors, slogans, sounds and alike but also a trustworthy tool through which businesses can achieve a sustained competitive advantage and can be remembered and associated in the minds of their consumers.
Our firm has extensive experience with trademark protection, helping companies select names that can be protected by trademark law, and assisting clients with registration and infringement matters.
We are experienced in the following types of trademark work:
- Filing and prosecuting local as well as international trademark applications.
- Prosecuting trademark oppositions and cancellations before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Rendering legal opinions concerning the ability to use and register trademarks.
- Preparing cease and desist letters in the event of trademark infringement and resolving infringement situations to a successful conclusion.
- Litigating trademark and trade dress disputes, including proceedings in federal court, and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Filing administrative complaints in the area of domain name disputes.
- Preparing and negotiating trademark license agreements and assignments.
- Conducting due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions.