Industrial Design Filing Requirements
- Name and address of the applicant (including telephone and facsimile number).
- Place of incorporation of the applicant.
- Seven representations of the design (half A4 page or 160mm in the case of a photograph).
- Classification of the article to which the design applies (under the Locarno Agreement).
- A statement whether the design has been previously disclosed and the circumstances of disclosure.
- A statement explaining the applicant’s rights concerning the design (if the applicant is not the inventor).
- A statement of the features of the design for which novelty is claimed.
- Copy of the priority document if claimed issued by the competent authority of the relevant Paris Convention member state. Or a document issued by the WTO member state verifying the details of the priority, to be filed within three months from the date of filing the application.
- Details of any earlier design application (or registration) in Brunei for association with the new application, if available.
- Details of any previous application if the new application is divided or derived from an earlier Brunei application.
The priority document can be filed within three months from the date of filing the application.