The new requirements are:
- Three copies of the illustrative figures of the industrial design or model;
- The type of the product relating to the industrial design or model;
- The class(es) in respect of which the industrial design or model is required to be registered;
- If the applicant is a corporate body, a certified copy of the certificate or incorporation or extract from the commercial register for the applicant company;
- If the applicant is not the inventor, the document proving the right of the applicant to the industrial design or model;
- Power of attorney duly notarized and legalized up to the Jordanian Consulate;
- Certified copy of priority document, in case priority is to be claimed;
- Abstract, for publication in the official gazette, describing the novelty of industrial design or model, not exceeding two hundred words; provided that such abstract includes:
- The inventor’s and applicant’s names and addresses;
- A copy of the most illustrative figure pertaining the industrial design or model;
- The data mentioned above in the present article paragraphs (b) and (c).
- All the above documents have to be accompanied by certified Arabic translation.
- Formal documents can be submitted within 60 days from the filing date.
The amended official fees are as follows:
Filing: US$ 50.
Publication: US$ 75.
Registration: US$ 75.
Recordal of change of name/address: US$ 90.
Recordal of assignment: US$ 150.
Extension of time (per month): US$ 20.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected].