New Information Required for Trademark Applications
The Registrar of Trademarks has recently requested to indicate the goals and activities of the applicant on new trademark applications.
This could mean that the goods/services should be in conformity with the applicant’s registered activities as it appears in the commercial register.
It worth mentioning that the new filing requirements in Qatar are:
- Power of attorney legalized up to the Qatar or any Arab state consulate.
- Certified copy of the certificate of incorporation or extract from the commercial register. (current)
- Five prints of the trademark. (current)
- Certified copy of the priority document if it is claimed. (current)
- Goals and Activities of the applicant. (new)