This is to advise that the Saudi Trademark Office (STMO) has issued a circular letter dated 7 April 2013 in which they advised the following updates:
- New applications can be filed online only;
- Payments of the official fees can be made online;
- Old and New Power of Attorneys (PoA) should be registered at the Trademark Office administration, the registered PoA will receive a serial number, which can be used by the agent for future filings for the same applicant;
- When filing new applications, the agent must register the PoA with the Trademark Office in order to receive a serial number, and
- If priority is claimed, then a certified copy of priority document must be filed within 3 months of the filing date; photocopies are not accepted except for priorities based on CTM applications.
For more information please contact [email protected].