ABU DHABI – The Head of the Trademarks Department in the Ministry of Economy issued a Decree No. 2 for the year 2015 on 22 February 2015, stating the following:
- IP agents should inform the Ministry of any updates regarding oppositions e.g. lack of response, waiver of the opposition, settlement, etc. so they can do what is necessary;
- Samples of the publication should accompany the opposition in order to calculate the opposition period;
- The fees of the hearing of AED250 should be settled in a timely manner;
- All accompanying documents should have certified translation;
- After the hearing, a decision will be made immediately;
- The hearing time will be no more than 30 minutes, after which the session will be called off, and
- If more documents are requested by the Ministry, the agent should provide the same within three (3) days.
Should you have any questions, please contact [email protected].