|OUR CLIENT’S MARK||OPPOSED MARK|
RAMALLAH – Our client, Yildiz Holding Anonim Sirketi, a Turkish manufacturer, is the legal owner of the registered trademark TORINO in class 30 in Turkey and worldwide including the State of Palestine (Palestine).
It came to our attention, through our watching department, that an application for “TORINO with device” in class 30 was filed in Palestine on 16 August 2016 by applicant Ahmad Arafat Azmi Qaraeen and was assigned the serial number 29825 (the Opposed Mark), and was then published in the Official Gazette number 8 dated 26 April 2017.
Acting on behalf of our client, we filed an opposition against the Opposed Mark based on the following:
- Similarity between both marks in terms of wording and pronunciation;
- Overlapping goods to those of our client’s registered trademark;
- Our client is a well-known company established and active since 1989;
- Prior use and prior ownership of TORINO since 2012 worldwide including Palestine, and
- Registration the opposed trademark contradicts the Trademarks Law and international conventions.
After reviewing our statement and supporting documents, the Registrar issued its decision by granting our opposition and removing the opposed application from the trademark registry.
For more information, please contact [email protected].