This is to kindly inform you that the Trademark Office in Bahrain has issued new directives under reference number 6-2/05 according to which they started to apply the 8th edition of the Nice Classification with effect from July 1, 2005 as outlined below:
- New trademark applications in classes 42 to 45 will be accepted.
- Trademark applications previously filed in class 42 and not yet published can be amended at the present time.
- Trademark applications filed in class 42 and published or the publications fees thereof were paid can not be amended until they are finally registered.
- Published and registered trademarks will be converted to the new classification as follows:
- If the services covered fall in one class other than class 42 an amendment application can be filed to alter the class number to the new class with keeping the same particulars of the respiration.
- If the services covered are ” all services in class 42″, the owner should specify the exact list of services, an if the specified services fall in one class other than class 42 an amendment application can be filed to alter the class number to the new class upon payment of the prescribed fees.
- In case the services covered fall in class 42 and other classes, an amendment application should be filed to delete the services falling in the other classes and keep the registration for the services in class 42. If requested, new applications should be filed for the services in the other classes.
- It will not be allowed to renew any trademark registration in class 42 unless it is amended as pointed out above.
- As of July 1, 2005 it will not be possible to file any trademark application in Bahrain for All goods or services”.