Our client, KASEM & SHAMI (RAMCO AIR CONDITIONING & REFRIGERATION INDUSTRY CO.), a Syrian company has filed on 21 April 2006 a trademark application for RAMCO in Arabic and Latin Characters in class 7 under No. 5302919.
On 2 September 2010, “Ranco Incorporated”, an American company, filed an opposition against our client’s above application based on the following:
- They are the owner of trademark RANCO in class 9.
- The trademarks RANCO and RAMCO are similar in terms of the pronunciation and the general idea which will lead to public confusion.
- The prior use and registration of the American company for their trademark.
Our counterstatement was based on the following:
- Our client is the real and legitimate owner of the trademark RAMCO in the country of origin and other countries around the world.
- The prior use and registration of our client’s trademark worldwide.
- The opponent does not hold a registration for his trademark in class 7 in China.
- The opponent’s trademark is used and registered in respect of the products included in class 9 and are not related to our client’s products.
- Our Client’s trademark is considered well-known and is closely associated in the mind of consumers with KASEM & SHAMI (RAMCO AIR CONDITIONING & REFRIGERATION INDUSTRY CO.).
The Registrar, after reviewing the above merits and the supporting documentary evidences thereof, has issued his favorable decision rejecting the opposition and subsequently accepting the registration of our client’s application in China.
If you have any questions regarding the above, kindly contact us at email@example.com.