A decision issued by the Minister of Industry and Commerce No. 06/2012 on 21 June 2012, imposes an increase on government taxes relating to the industrial property protection effective as of 1 October 2012. The main aspects of this change are as follows:
- Trademark application official fees will cover one class instead of 3 classes;
- Online filing is now possible instead of submitting hard copies, and
- Increase in official fees by 20% – 25%.
- Online filing is now possible instead of submitting hard copies;
- Increase in official filing fees by 25%;
- All official fees are paid at the filing stage for a total of MAD1750 (US$202) instead of MAD1000 (US$116) at filing and then MAD400 (US$46) upon issuance of Letters Patent;
- The fees for conducting advanced patent search by title has increased from MAD2400 (US$277) to MAD5000 (USD577);
- Official fees for applicants who are university students, educational institutions, and natural persons (locales or foreigners) are less than the official fees designated for companies;
- Payments of maintenance fees are now paid annually instead of every 5 years;
- Penalty for late annuity payment is now 25% of the amount due + the annuity fee + MAD200 (US$139), and
- The fee to revive a lapsed patent due to non-payment of annuity is now 25% of the annuity due + the annuity due.
- Online filing is now possible instead of submitting hardcopies; and
- Increase in official filing fees by %25 – 50%.
If you need any additional information, or our revised schedules of charges please contact email@example.com.