As of 1 May 2013, The Directorate of Industrial Property has adopted a new patent application form in order to provide better services to the applications of patents. The form is available at the Directorate website www.moic.gov.bh.
The new form has more fields related to the applicant, owner, priorities and patent details, and will enhance the examination and searching procedure.
It is worth mentioning that filing requirements for Patents and Utility Models are:
- Power of attorney legalized by Bahraini consulate aboard, which can be filed within 3 months from filing date;
- Full particulars of the applicant;
- Title of the patent and a summary description of the invention;
- Photocopy of the patent application from home/foreign country;
- Certified copy of priority document, and
- Specification claims and three set of the formal drawings with Arabic translation thereto (translation can be filed within 4 months from filing date).
If you need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can post first response comment.