Hereunder is a summary of the implementing Regulations No. 1.14.188 dated 21 November 2014 published in Official Gazette No. 6318 on 18 December 2014 with immediate effect, in respect of Morocco Industrial Property Law No. 23-13 which amends Law No. 17-97 as follows:
- Any patent applications is subject for a substantive examination;
- The Commercial Courts are only responsible for conflicts related to industrial property rights;
- New stipulated examination fees of MAD6000 must be paid with respect to pending and newly filed patent applications. As for new applications, the examination fees must be paid along with filing fees;
- The abstract, specifications, drawings, and claims in the original language must accompany the application at the time of filing; however if the priority date is very close then a grace period of one (1) month is allowed, while the French translation can be submitted within three (3) months from the application date;
- Submitting priority documents must be made within four (4) months before the expiration of the first priory date;
- The payment of annuity fees is due after grant;
- The law provisions provides protection of integrated circuits, which was not protected earlier, and
- Trademarks were not affected by these regulations.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.