BAGHDAD – On 3 April 2016, the Iraqi Ministry of Health sent a new regulation to the Trademarks Office in the Ministry of Industry and Minerals requesting that all trademark applications applied for in class 5 should contain the following information in order to proceed to registration:
- Scientific name of the product;
- Trade name of the producer;
- Pharmaceutical formula of the product;
- Name of manufacturing company if not the applicant, and
- Name of local distributor, if any.
The above is required by the Department of Technical Issues for the purpose of endorsing new pharmaceutical product into the country.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.