BAGHDAD – The Department of Technical Issues in Iraq has amended its request of 3 April 2016 to the Trademark Office in the Ministry of Industry and Minerals requesting that all trademark applications that include class 5 contain detailed information. This requirement is only applicable for applications filed in class 5-a (since Iraq follows multi-class filing system and each class is divided into sub-classes).
The required details are as follows:
- Scientific name of the product;
- Trade name of the producer;
- Pharmaceutical formula of the product;
- Name of manufacturing company if not the applicant, and
- Name of local distributor, if any.
Said decision is effective immediately.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.