MANAMA – Since the transition to the online IP filing system in February 2017, the Directorate of Industrial Property of the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, and Tourism, has expanded its electronic services throughout the past couple of years to include trademarks, patents, and industrial designs related transactions.
In addition, on 12 October 2020, the Directorate announced the possibility of submitting trademark renewal applications, requests for recordals, search requests, and International Registrations (IR) related transactions through the same portal, unifying all processes, making the following new trademark services available electronically via their online filing system:
- Trademark renewals;
- Recordal of change of name/address of an owner;
- Recordal of assignments;
- Changing the legal representative’s name/address;
- Appointing a new agent;
- Recordal of license agreements;
- Request to cancel a license agreement;
- Recordal of mortgages;
- Request to cancel a mortgage;
- Cancelling of a registered trademark by the owner;
- Request to amend the list of goods and services partially;
- Request to withdraw a trademark before registration;
- Other amendment requests;
- Preliminary examination requests of a trademark;
- Requests for certified copies of documents (registration certificates, applications as filed, renewal certificates);
- Inquiries by applicant name or trademark number;
- Payment of an IR official fee;
- Transitioning of an IR application to a national application (for trademarks and collective trademarks), and
- Request of a transformation of a national trademark application to an IR application.
The online system serves to enhance the filing experience for users, applicants, and agents and is meant to reduce the timeframe required to complete the procedures at the Directorate.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.