Ice – Jeans for Import & Export, an Egyptian Company, filed a trademark application for “CIPO & BAXX” in class 35 under No. 211025 dated 1 August 2008, which was published in the official Gazette No. 830 dated 2 November 2009.
Our client, YIL- BA TEKSTIL SANAYI VE TICARET LIMITED SIRKETI, a Turkish company, and the real owner of trademark “CIPO & BAXX”, filed an opposition against the above application.
The opposition was based on the following:
- Our client has been the only legitimate owner of the trademark “CIPO & BAXX” in many countries including the country of origin.
- Prior registration by our client in Turkey.
- The trademark “CIPO & BAXX” owned by our client is considered to be a well-known trademark.
- The opposed trademark application by Ice – Jeans for Import & Export was filed in bad faith.
- The opposed application violates the provisions of the law and International treaties.
After full litigation and taking into consideration the above facts, a decision was issued to stop the registration procedure of CIPO & BAXX by Ice – Jeans for Import & Export.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.