|OUR CLIENT’S REGISTERED MARK||CITED MARK|
ERBIL – Our client, Beyaz Kagit, a Turkish manufacturer, is the owner of the registered trademark “Peros” in several iterations worldwide, including in home country and Northern Iraq, in International Class 3 under number 3044 since 2015.
It came to our attention that on 27 January 2020, a local trader has filed an application for registration for “Peros” in International Classes 29 and 30 under number 6926. Acting on behalf of our client, we filed an opposition against the cited mark based on the following:
- The close similarity in appearance between the design marks;
- The exact spelling and pronunciation of the literal element “Peros”;
- Our client’s mark is well-known and widely spread in the markets;
- Despite the fact that the cited mark falls under different classes, the confusion amongst customers is likely to happen due to our client’s mark popularity, and
- The prior registration and the prior use of “Peros” by our client worldwide since 2015.
The Registrar reviewed our statement and issued its favourable decision to halt the registration procedure for the challenged mark and remove it from the registry.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.